Sunday, November 4, 2012

Tuesdays with Morrie


Title : Tuesdays with Morrie
Author : Mitch Albom (1997)
Publisher : Doubleday
Genre : Non-fiction

One word for the book : A page turner!

Well, this is not the first book of Mitch Albom I've read but this book is AWESOME! As stated above, its a non-fiction book so its as true as can be. I didnt realized that at first so I was cheated all way long (almost half way of the book anyway) but I love the tugging feeling of the ambiguoness. Oh and did I tell you I cried reading the last part of the book? It's so real and felt so close to myself especially about death itself.


Summary: Do not read this if you hate spoilers.

The writer (Mitch Albom) goes to visit his favourite old professor; Morrie who is dying because of Amyotropic Lateral Selerosis (ALS). Mitch learn life's greatest lesson then. He went every Tuesdays, hence the title. The subject discussed? The meaning of life and death. Morrie's life in the last few months was captured forever in Mitch's funny and light writtings. For me, it made me reminisce about my good old days in the university with close friends, carefree life with no commitment and the hard-to-win relationship with the lecturers. But among the many lecturers and professors, there's always one who would leave footprints on your path. So go and find your own Morrie! I bet everyone have one~

Best quotation:
  • A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell where his influence stops (Henry Adam).
  • A teacher to the last (on Morrie's tombstone).
  • Love each other or die (Morrie's mantra)

No comments:

Post a Comment